A few tips from the experts
6 Weeks Before:
- Go through your home (including attic, garage and storage space, try to eliminate some of the goods you are not using.) Have a garage sale or donate these items to charity, this will help reduce your moving costs.
- Start using all extra foods to help reduce boxes.
4 Weeks Before:
- Contact Munden’s Moving, through phone or our website to obtain pricing.
- Notify the post office of your address change.
- Change address with mortgage, bank, leases, utilities etc.
- Call schools with address change.
2 Weeks Before:
- Start packing.
- Dispose of all flammables, paint, propane tanks and aerosols.
- Set up times to disconnect utilities and reconnect at new residence.
1 Week Before:
- Finish Packing
- Label cartons with name and room where you want them deposited.
- Start a carton for personal items that you may need immediately: medicines, passport, toothbrush / paste etc.
1 Day Before:
- Clean appliances
- Finish packing all personal items
- Munden’s will call to confirm move date and time.
- Someone should be home to answer mover’s questions.
- Make sure proper address, phone numbers and email address are on Bill Of Lading, sign and keep a copy.
- Keep vacuum out to clean residence.
- Before you leave origin residence make sure to do a walk final through with the movers to make sure there is nothing left in closets, behind doors etc.